Pilot testing has officially started for the new indexing program, and we want to make sure that you are ready when the program officially launches. Hopefully, you have been able to stay up-to-date with some of the features of the new program. One such change will be a new reporting system for those with indexing callings.
In order to access reports from the new indexing system, you need to do a couple things. First, talk with your ward or stake clerk to make sure your name appears next to the appropriate indexing calling in the Member and Leader Services software (MLS). Your ward or stake clerk will be happy to make sure you are properly accounted for in the Church system so you can access these reports.
The second thing you need to do is make sure to update your email address. You can do this yourself:
- Visit www.FamilySearch.org, and sign in to the account you use as stake indexing director, which is most likely the same as your LDS Account.
- Click your name in the top right corner, and then click Settings.
- Under the FamilySearch logo in the top left corner, click the tab labeled Contact.
- Click inside the email box, and update your email address.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the blue Save Changes box.
Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to your calling. We encourage you to visit the stake indexing director website on LDS.org. Here, you will learn more about new resources and how to magnify your calling to help hasten the work in your area.
– Article by Spencer Ngatuvai