Two recent updates to Family Tree include the following:
- Hide Your Changes
- Displaying Multiple Spouses for the Main Person Position on the Portrait Pedigree
Hide Your Changes
Family Tree has a feature in Lists that lets you easily see what changes have been made in the last 30 days to the people you are watching. (These are ancestors for whom you clicked Watch so that you would be notified if information was added or corrected.)
To make it easier to identify what others have changed, you can now hide your changes so that they do not appear on the list of changes.
Important: Hiding your changes applies only to the Changes to People I’m Watching page. On your ancestor’s details page, in the Latest Changes section, you will still be listed with the changes you made.
On the Changes to People I’m Watching page, to see only the changes made by others, do the following:
- In Family Tree, click Lists.
- Click Changes to People I’m Watching. You will see a list of all the changes made to people you are watching, including the changes you made.
- Click the Hide Changes I’ve Made box.
The system adds a check mark and doesn’t display the changes you made. You see just the changes made by others.
Tip: Recently, the Watch feature was changed to use your contact name instead of your display name. For the next couple of weeks, if you click Hide Changes I’ve Made, the system may display some of your changes because those changes use your display name.
4. To see all the changes, click the Hide Changes I’ve Made box again. The system removes the check mark and displays all the changes, including the ones you made.
Display Multiple Spouses for the Main Person Position on the Portrait Pedigree
On the portrait pedigree, a minor change has been made to how multiple spouses are displayed for the person in the main position. Only one spouse is displayed at a time. To see a different spouse, you now click the arrow by the side of the spouse.
The example below shows Thomas Sloan MacKay with his second wife. To see his first wife, you would click the arrow on the left. To see his third wife, you would click the arrow on the right.
To put a person in the main position and view the person’s spouses, do the following:
- In the portrait pedigree, click the person you want to move to the main position. The person’s summary card appears.
- On the summary card, click Tree. The person moves to the main position and is displayed with a spouse. If the person had more than one spouse, an arrow is displayed at the side of the spouse.
- To see the other spouse, click the arrow.
Tip: In the portrait pedigree, when you have an ancestor in the main position and change the spouse that is displayed, the next time you put that ancestor in the main position, that spouse will still be displayed.