Have you ever been indexing and come across a unique record or situation that wasn’t addressed in the project instructions? Did you know where to go to find the information you needed? Listed below are many resources that are available where you can find answers to your questions.
- Ask a Question. When you type a question or enter some keywords, you’ll be given access to the knowledge base used by our support staff. It’s available on the FamilySearch indexing Web site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Project Updates Pages. When you get an odd record that isn’t explained by the field help or project instructions, there’s one more place to look for an answer. The Project Updates documents are regularly updated with need-to-know information throughout the life of a project. To find these pages, make sure an indexing batch is open, click the Project Information tab and scroll to the bottom. Under “Additional Information,” find and click the Project Updates link.
- Indexing Resource Guide. Have you ever needed a handwriting guide for Old English, German, Spanish, or another language? Or wondered how to become an arbitrator? Or wanted to see an all-in-one user guide for indexing? All this and more is available in the resource guide. And as we find more free resources that are useful to indexers, we’ll add them here.
- FamilySearch Forums. Ask questions to the community, search other discussions, or answer questions. These forums are currently available in English and Spanish.
- Local Support. Find the contact information for local support if there is someone assigned to your area. To find this information, go to the indexing computer program. Click the Help menu, and then click Contact Support. If there is local support assigned to your area, then their contact information will appear in the box that pops up. If not, then you’ll simply see the contact information for the FamilySearch Support team, and you can contact them instead.
- FamilySearch Support. Our support team is ready and willing to answer your questions and assist you during many hours of the day.
We want you to have success in your indexing efforts, so give the various resources listed above a try, and come back often for new and updated information.