Software Development Engineer
We are looking for a senior software engineer to join a seasoned team that develops systems and processes for interpreting data – names, dates and places. Responsibilities include designing and developing software that will measure the performance and quality of data standardization in a search setting. This engineer will work with multiple engineers and teams to determine the metrics to be used, the storage of test datasets and labeled data, and the user interface for software tools. The engineer will also setup and run the baselines for subsequent measurements. This engineer work autonomously and needs to be highly self-motivated. Excellent communication, engineering, debugging and testing skills are needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years Java experience
- OOP design proficiency
- Familiarity with Design Patterns
- J2SE programming experience
- Experience with automated build processes (Subversion, Git, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins) and unit testing (TestNG)
- Relational DBMS schema design and normalization/de-normalization (JDBC, Oracle, MySQL, PostGreSQL, or NoSQL databases)
- Windows and Linux command line experience
- Geographic and geospatial experience
- Language and linguistic experience
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints currently temple worthy.