The FamilySearch Authorities resource is a collection of web services that allow genealogical applications to access the name, date, place, and culture authorities used by FamilySearch.
You can use these services to:
- Standardize dates and places like FamilySearch products.
- Segment names and list name variants for each segment.
Standardizing names, dates, and places helps make matching and searching data in FamilySearch more accurate.
- Authorities Properties - Get a list of name/value pairs that pertain to the Authorities module.
- Place Authority - Get representations of authoritative place information from FamilySearch.
- Name Authority - Get representations of authoritative name information from FamilySearch.
- Date Authority - Interpret dates using FamilySearch.
- Culture Authority - Get a list of and lookup cultures used by the other FamilySearch Authorities services.
Read more about Normalized Date Formats.