154th Regiment, Indiana InfantryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 154th Regiment, Indiana Infantry was organized at Indianapolis, Indiana, April 20, 1865. It mustered out at Opequan Creek August 4, 1865.
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section, 154th Regiment Infantry, (accessed 25 May 2012).
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officer and Non-Commissioned Office - see Roster
- Company A - many men from Fountain,and Warren counties - see Roster on page 622
- Company B - many men from Boone, and Montgomery counties - see Roster on page 623
- Company C - many men from Fountain County - see Roster on page 624
- Company D - many men from Carroll County - see Roster on page 626
- Company E - many men from Clinton, Montgomery ,Tippecanoe, Warren, and Carroll counties - see Roster on page 627
- Company F- many men from Clinton County - see Roster on page 628
- Company G - many men from Warren, Mongomery, Boone, Fountain and Carroll counties - see Roster on page 629
- Company H - many men from Fountain, Carroll, Johnson,Boone, Tippecanoe, and Jay counties - see Roster on page 631
- Company I - many men from Fountain, Carroll, Madison, Boone, Tippecanoe , Howard, Clinton, and White counties - see Roster on page 632
- Company K - many men from Montgomery, Delaware, Carroll, and Clinton counties - see Roster on page 633
- Unassigned Recuits - see Roster on page 635
The list of companies with their counties and their rosters are on the 154th Regimen, Indiana Infantry on CIVIL WAR INDEX web site. (accessed 29 Jan 2011)
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Civil War can be searched by soldier's name (accessed 16 Aug 2011)
- The Civil War Archive. (accessed 13 Dec 2010) Website with histories of the Indiana Regiments.
- List of Indiana Civil War regiment (accessed 13 Dec 2010) List of Indiana Regimental that are on Wikipedia.
- Union Army Regimental History Index (accessed 14 Dec 2010) Index Of Regimental Histories: Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, and other units, states Alabama to Indiana
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Indiana in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Indiana in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Indiana, and how to find them. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 03:16.
- This page has been accessed 1,030 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More