1st Battalion, Enrolled Missouri Millitia, 6 months (Union)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
1st Battalion, Enrolled Missouri Militia 6 months was enrolled 18 October 1861.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Company A - Captain James Stockton - Gentry, Missouri.
Company B - Captain Horace Hunter - Gentry, Missouri.
Company C - captain Henry D. Rust - Gentry, Missouri.
The above information about the companies with partial rosters is found in Kenneth E. Weant's book, Civil War Records Missouri Enrolled Militia Infantry, Volume 13 
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding in formation about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Missouri in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Missouri in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Missouri, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Kenneth E. Weant, Civil War Records Missouri Enrolled Militia Infantry Regiments, Volume 13 (Arlington Texas : K.E. Weant, c2009), pages 94-98. FHL book 977.8 M2wka v.2
- This page was last modified on 14 May 2013, at 21:49.
- This page has been accessed 275 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback