21st Regiment, Veteran Reserve CorpsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Organized January 12, 1865 and Mustered out by November 20, 1865.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Florida in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Veteran Reserve Corps in the Civil War describes Union sources, specifically about the Veteran Reserve Corps, and how to find them.
- This page was last modified on 13 April 2012, at 00:35.
- This page has been accessed 304 times.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here