2nd Regiment, Tennessee Heavy Artillery (African Descent) (Union)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Also called 2nd West Tennessee Heavy Artillery Regiment (African Descent). Organized at Columbus, Ky., June, 1863. The 2nd Tennessee Heavy Artillery (African Descent) ceased to exist on April 26, 1864 to 4th United States Colored Heavy Artillery Regiment.
Companies in this Regiment
- The regiment consisted of nine companies of artillery.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Union Volunteers in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Union Volunteers in the Civil War describes many Union sources, specifically for the Union Volunteers, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Tennesseans in the Civil War, (accessed 2 September 2011). TNGebWeb: Brief History, Field Officers and Captains
- The Civil War Archive, (accessed 2 September 2011). Union Regimental Histories
- Wikipedia, (accessed 2 September 2011). Brief History
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2012, at 01:45.
- This page has been accessed 208 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback