33rd Regiment, Pennsylvania Infantry Militia (Emergency, 1863)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This regiment was organized at Harrisburg June 26, 1863. It mustered out August 4, 1863.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Men came from many Counties across the state of Pennsylvania to enlist in the militia.
Company A - See Roster
Compnay B - See Roster
Company C - See Roster
Company D - See Roster
Company E - See Roster
Company F - See Roster
Company G - See Roster
Company H - See Roster
Company I - See Roster
Company K - See Roster
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Pennsylvania in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Pennsylvania in the Civil War describes many sources, specifically for Pennsylvania, and how to find them. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- PaRoots gives a history of the milita units raised in 1863 including some information about the battles which were fought.
- This page was last modified on 10 January 2013, at 03:12.
- This page has been accessed 550 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback