4th Regiment, Louisiana Infantry (Confederate)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
"4th Infantry Regiment, organized at New Orleans, Louisiana in April, 1861. The 4th was included in the surrender on May 4, 1865..
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Louisiana in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Louisiana in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Louisiana, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Boyd, David French. Address of Col. D.F. Boyd on the anniversary of the Delta Rifles, 4th Louisiana Regiment, Confederate States Army : at Port Allen, West Baton Rouge, La., May 20th, 1887. (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1990), FHL fiche 6082436
- Richards, A. P. The Saint Helena rifles. (Houston, Texas : A.P. Richards, c1968), FHL book 976.3 A1 no. 28
- This page was last modified on 29 January 2014, at 20:18.
- This page has been accessed 681 times.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here