57th Regiment, Georgia Infantry (Confederate)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Also called 54th Regiment] was organized during the spring of 1862. Many of its members were recruited in Troup, Peach, Montgomery, and Oconee counties. 
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officers, Non-Commissioned Offices, and Staff - see - Roster - on page 917-919
- Company A - ("The Dixie Boys") Thomas County - see - Roster - on page 919-931
- Company B - Laurens County - see - Roster - on page 932-942
- Company C - Laurens County - see - Roster - on page 943-953
- Company D - ("Smith Guards") Wilkinson County - see - Roster - on page 953-963; USGenWeb
- Company E - ("Fort Valley Infantry") Houston County - see - Roster - on page 963-972
- Company F - ("Bragg Rifles") Crawford County - see - Roster - on page 972-985; USGenWeb
- Company G - ("Mount Vernon Rifles") Washington County - see - Roster - on page 985-993
- Company H - ("Independent Volunteers") Baldwin County - see - Roster - on page on 994-1001; USGenWeb
- Company I - ("Barkuloo Rifles") Laurens and Wilkinson Counties - see - Roster - on page 1002-1011; USGenWeb
- Company K - ("Oconee Greys") Wilkinson County- see - Roster - on page 1011-1019; USGenWeb
57th Regiment History - USGenWeb
Georgia, and Lillian Henderson. 1959. Roster of the Confederate soldiers of Georgia, 1861-1865. Hapeville, Ga: Longina & Porter. WorldCat FHL Collection HATHI TRUST Digital Library HATHI TRUST; also on USGenWeb
- Georgia USGenWeb Archives Project - Civil War Records - Individual Soldiers
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Georgia in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Georgia in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Georgia, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Henderson, William.muster roll of Company F, 57th regiment. (Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1986). FHLfilm#1321374
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 04:38.
- This page has been accessed 2,492 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More