A Comprehensive List of Bath Abbey's Chapels and District Chapels"Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Here is a list of all those chapels of ease, district and parochial chapels attached to and standing within the parish boundary of Bath Abbey St Peter and St Paul (registers from 1569); see also the parochial parish of Walcot St Swithin whose boundary (and chapelries) also lay within the City of Bath:
- Kensington Chapel - 1795
- Margaret Chapel - 1773
- The Octagon Chapel, Milsom Street - 1767
- Portland Chapel abt 1840
- St James, with Lyncombe and Widcombe - 1569
- St Michael - 1569
- St Mary's Chapel Queen-Square - 1735
- Walcot All Saints' Lansdown Place - 1794
- Walcot Avon Street Chapel - by 1825
- Walcot Christ Church - 1798
- Walcot [Holy] Trinity Church - 1840
- Walcot St Saviour, Lambridge - 1832
- Walcot St Stephen Lansdown -1845
- Walcot St Swithin - 1691
- Widcombe St Matthews - 1847
- Widcombe St Thomas a Becket - 1574
There are three places of worship for Wesleyans, two for Baptists, and one each for the Society of Friends, the Connexion of the Countess of Huntingdon, Independents, Moravians, and Unitarians; also two Roman Catholic chapels.
- This page was last modified on 24 April 2013, at 01:00.
- This page has been accessed 169 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More