A Comprehensive List of Eccles ChapelriesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
ECCLES (*St. Mary de Eccles is the ancient parish), a parish, in the hundred of Salford, S. division of the county of Lancaster, 4 miles (W.) from Manchester; containing, with the townships of Barton-upon-Irwell, Clifton, Pendlebury, and Worsley, and the chapelry of Pendleton, 33,792 inhabitants.
The following chapelries (churches of the Church of England with baptism, sometimes marriage and burial registers) were attached to Eccles Parish:
- Eccles St Mary - 1563
- Eccles St James Chapelry - 1878
- Eccles St Andrews Chapelry - 1879
- Barton-upon-Irwell - 1843
- Ellenbrook - 1760
- Paddington St Mark Chapelry - 1846
- Paddington St Paul -1846
- Patricroft Christ Church Chapelry - 1868
- Pendlebury St Augustine Chapelry - 1874
- Pendlebury Christ Church Chapelry - 1859
- Pendlebury St John the Evangelist - 1842
- Pendleton St Anne Chapelry - 1863
- Pendleton St Barnabas Chapelry - 1887
- Pendleton St George Chapelry - 1858
- Pendleton St Thomas - 1776
- Swinton St Peter -1791
- Swinton Holy Rood Chapelry - 1865
- Walkden Moor St Paul - 1839
- Worsley St Mark - 1846
- This page was last modified on 3 July 2012, at 18:07.
- This page has been accessed 555 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback