A Comprehensive List of Warrington ChapelriesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Return to the Warrington, Lancashire page.
Return to the Lancashire Parishes page.
- WARRINGTON [St Elphins], a borough, market town, and parish, and the head of a union, in the hundred of West Derby, S. division of the county of Lancaster; the parish containing, with the chapelry of Burtonwood, and the townships of Poulton with Fearnhead, Rixton with Glazebrook, and Woolston with Martinscroft, 21,901 inhabitants, of whom 18,981 are in the town, 18 miles (E.) from Liverpool, 19½ (W. S. W.) from Manchester, 52 (S. by E.) from Lancaster, and 188 (N. W. by N.) from London. From: A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 470-475.
Warrington has the following chapelries (churches) attached to it, each of which hold baptismal, (some) marriage and burial registers in them:
- Warrington St Anne - 1869
- Warrington St Barnabas - 1879
- Warrington Holy Trinity - 1816
- Warrington St Elphin - 1591
- Warrington St Peter - 1891
- Warrington St Paul - 1830
- Burton-Wood St Thomas - 1668
- Hollinfare - 1654
- Padgate Christ Church - 1838
See also St James Latchford, which was a chapelry in Grappenhall Parish, Cheshire but lying contiguous to Warrington. Some Warrington records were included in some of the Latchford chapelry church registers:
- This page was last modified on 17 December 2013, at 20:10.
- This page has been accessed 506 times.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on our new look!Give Feedback