Abererch, Gwynedd GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Abererch is a small village and ecclesiastical parish on the Llŷn Peninsula in the County of Gwynedd, close to the town of Pwllheli. It is a mostly Welsh speaking village.
ABEREIRCH (ABER-ERCH), a parish, in the union of Pwllheli, partly in the hundred of Dinllaen, and partly in the hundred of Eivionedd, county of Carnarvon, North Wales, 1½ mile (E. N. E.) from Pwllheli. The church, dedicated to St. Cawrdav, is an ancient and spacious building, in the later style of English architecture, twenty-six yards in length, and thirteen in breadth, consisting of a nave, north aisle, and chancel. Here are several places of worship for dissenters.
In 1870: ABERERCH, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; on the river Erch and thence to the coast, 1½ mile ENE of Pwllheli r. station. It has a post office under Pwllheli. Acres, 5,962; of which 358 are water. Real property, £5,101. Pop., 1,652. Houses, 398. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage united with the curacy of Penrhos, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £132. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is partly early English. There are chapels. for Independents, Calvinistic Methodists, and Wesley ans. Charities, £6. [John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)].
For more information on Abererch see Genuki
|circa 1536 - 31 March 1974||Caernarfonshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Gwynedd|
|from 1 April 1996||Gwynedd|
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:33.
- This page has been accessed 1,168 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News