Albuquerque New Mexico West Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This Family History Center is open six days of the week, with few exceptions.
2015 Center Contacts and Hours
- 4500 Seven Bar Loop Rd NW, Albuquerque, NM, 87110
- Located on the corner of Ellison Drive and Seven Bar Loop Road
- Access to the FH Center is through entrance doors on the West side of the building.
- If outer door is locked, please ring bell found at upper right of door.
- Language: English
- 1-505-898-7583 Please call before coming to verify that staff is in.It would be our pleasure to assist you in climbing your Family Tree and in helping to meet your specific family history needs.
- Monday: 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Friday: 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Closed the 1st Sunday evening of each month.
Holiday Schedule 2015
Closed all major holidays as follows: New Year's January 1-4; Martin Luther King Day January 19; President's Day February 16; Palm Sunday March 29; Easter April 5; Mother's Day May 10; Memorial Day May 25; Father's Day June 21; Labor Day September 7; Columbus Day October 12; Veteran's Day November 11; Thanksgiving November 25-29; Christmas December 20-January 3.
Calendar and Events
Albuquerque West Stake Family History Conference 2015
Saturday, September 12, 2015
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Free registration at: www.abqwestfhc.org
Staff and Family History Consultants Training Meetings
Generally the 1st Wednesday evening (7 p.m.) and Saturday morning (9 a.m.) of each month. Call for more details.
- Microfilm records from all New Mexican and some Arizonan Native American tribes
- A permanent collection of over 1,000 microfilms and fiche and hundreds of books
- Acadian-Cajun Family Trees
- Compendium of New England Pioneers
- Family Archives: Immigrants to America
- 705 Genealogical Library Books
- <a href="https://www.familysearch.org/#form=catalog">FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
"FHC Portal" The Family History Center Portal page located at this center gives free access to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, including:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive - the world's largest online newspaper archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War: research database, letters & diaries, photographs; Women and Social Movements in the U.S., 1600-2000.
- Ancestry.com - Institution Version
- ArkivDigital Online - Swedish church, court, & estate inventory historical documents
- Create your "Who Do You Think You Are?" story - free
- Find My Past - Institution Version - like Ancestry.com, with special focus on the United Kingdom
- Fold3.com (formerly footnote.com) - contains millions of military historical documents and photos
- The Genealogist -
- Godfrey Memorial Library - extensive resource collection of vital, church, cemetery, funeral, newspaper, bible records & more focusing on New England families & history, featuring the American Genealogical Biographical Index (AGBI).
- Heritage Quest Online - collection of American federal census records, local & family histories, published genealogies, historical books, Revolutionary War records, Freedman's Bank records, Periodical Source Index (PERSI), & Lexis Nexis U.S. Serial set.
- Historic Map Works - Library Edition
- Legacy Stories - stories link to FamilySearch
- My Heritage - Library Edition
- Paper Trail - 19th century American migration documents
- ProQuest Obituary Listings - offers more than 10.5 million obituaries & death notices in full image format from historical archives of top newspapers
- World Vital Records - access to birth, marrriage, and death records, plus much more
- Legacy Basic (2 computers)
- AncestralQuest (2 computers)
- Rootsmagic (2 computers)
Hardware and Equipment
- Internet access on six computers
- Two printers
- One multi-function printer
- Two microfilm readers
- One microfiche reader
- One Minolta microfilm/fiche copier
- FamilySearch Family Tree
- Guidance with other genealogical programs
- Scanning of photographs and documents directly into FamilySearch or onto a user supplied thumb drive
- Microfilm/microfiche ordering, viewing, and printing
- My Family Booklet - capture & preserve your family story. Hand written copies can be transferred online or enter information online directly with FHC staff assistance
Resources in the Local Area
Albuquerque New Mexico Genealogy Center Main Library at 501 Copper Avenue NW (see link below).
Volunteer at the Center
We are in need of volunteers for day and evening sessions. If you have the time and inclination, we will train you. If interested in this opportunity, contact us at: email@example.com for further information. You do not need to be LDS to work in the library.
- This page was last modified on 14 July 2015, at 00:02.
- This page has been accessed 2,654 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News