Albuquerque New Mexico West Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This Family History Center is open every day of the week, with few exceptions.
Center Contacts and Hours
Address: 4500 Seven Bar Loop Road NW, Albuquerque, NM
- Located on the corner of Ellison and Seven Bar Loop roads. Access to Center is the entrance on the West side of the building. If door is locked, please ring bell at the upper right of the door.
- Location on Map
- Phone #: 505-898-7583 (please call before coming, to verify that staff is in)
- Email email@example.com
Hours of Operation:
- Monday 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Tuesday 9:30 am - 3:30 pm and 6 pm - 9 pm
- Wednesday 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Thursday 9:30 am - 3:30 pm and 6 pm - 9 pm
- Friday 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Saturday 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Sunday 6 pm - 8 pm (closed the 1st Sunday of each Month)
- Typically closed for weekends which include holidays
- Spanish speaking staff available Tuesday & Thursday evenings, Saturday morning and Sunday evening
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Wiki - Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 9 am at the Family History Center
- Microfilm records from all New Mexico Native American tribes and some Arizona tribes.
- A permanent collection of over 1,000 microfilms and fiche and hundreds of books.
- Acadian-Cajun Family Trees
- Compendium of New England Pioneers
- Family Archives: Immigrants to America
- 705 Genealogical Library Books
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
Databases and Software
FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
- ArkivDigital Online
- Find My Past
- Fold3.com (former footnote.com)
- The Genealogist
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
- Legacy Basic (2 computers)
- AncestralQuest (2 computers)
- Rootsmagic (2 computers)
Hardware and Equipment
- Internet access on six computers (Jan 2012)
- Two new printers (Jan 2012)
- One multi-function printer (Jan 2012)
- Three microfilm readers
- Several microfiche readers
- One Minolta microfilm/fiche copier
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We are in need of volunteers for day sessions. If you have the time and interest, we will train you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org You do not need to be LDS to work in the library.
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 20:05.
- This page has been accessed 1,077 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More