Antigua and Barbuda Probate RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Antigua and Barbuda Probate Records
Proved in Antigua
Proved in Delaware
Richard Oliver of Antigua received a bequest in the will of Baldwin Johnson, of Appo. Hundred, New Castle county, Delaware, dated 1720, and proved 1721 in Delaware, see:
- The Historical Research Committee of the Colonial Dames of Delaware. A Calendar of Delaware Wills, New Castle County 1682-1800. New York: Frederick H. Hitchcock, 1911. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online. [See pp. 23-24.]
Proved in Edinburgh
Proved in London
Oliver compiled a list:
- 'Antigua. List of Wills relating to this Island proved in the P.C.C. down to 1812,' Caribbeana, Vol. 3 (1914):180-184. Digitised by dLOC - free.
Oliver also abstracted some wills and administrations proved in the PCC in Volume 3 of:
- Oliver, Vere Langford. The History of the Island of Antigua: One of the Leeward Caribbees in the West Indies, from the First Settlement in 1635 to the Present Time. 3 vols. London: Mitchell and Hughes, 1894-1899. FHL Collection; digital version at Internet Archive [See pp. 401-405, 458-460.]
- ↑ Place search for 'Antigua,' in Prerogative Court of Canterbury wills (1384-1858), Documents Online, The National Archives, 10 December 2010.
- This page was last modified on 31 January 2015, at 00:11.
- This page has been accessed 1,715 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News