Arizona State Genealogical SocietyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Arizona State Genealogical Society|
|Address|| P. O. Box 42075
Tucson, AZ 85733-2075
|President||Bobbi Harmon (2010-2012)|
- Member benefits include educational opportunities, members only price for special events, the Copper Filings newsletter, reduced rate to the FGS publication Forum, access to and ability to submit names to the AZSGS Surname database, access to member forums for online discussions, email list, personal web page links and special interest groups.
- Everyone can benefit from events like workshops, seminars and cemetery tours; useful links on the society website; research services; and presentation information and handouts.
President, Bobbi Harmon (2010-2012) Email the firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary, Sharon Scott (2009 – 2011) Email the email@example.com
Treasurer, Marcia Lindley (2009 – 2011) Email the firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrar, Arwen Newman (2008 – 2010) Email the email@example.com
Director at Large, Lyn Cheever (2010-2012) Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Director at Large, Gayle Piotrowski (2010-2012) Email email@example.com
Director at Large, Karl Tucker (2009 – 2011) Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Director at Large, Bill Peckat (2009 – 2011) Email email@example.com
The society could list both past and present projects they are working on. Describe the volunteer needs you have for the projects. Start a subject or locality FamilySearch Wiki project and list it here as one of the projects you are working on. Include links to other FamilySearch Wiki projects the society members are participating in.
- Link to past projects that are now published in paper or online.
- Arizona Genealogical and Historical Research Guide: Early Sources for Southern Arizona Including the Areas of Cochise, Pima, Pinal, and Santa Cruz Counties
- Arizona Death Records: Volumes 1-3
- Arizona Marriage Records: Pima County, Feb 1912 – Dec 1926
- Arizona Territorial Marriages: Pima County, 1871-1912
- Arizona School Census: Willcox, Mammoth, Pinal County and Superior County
- Bisbee Deportation and the People Involved, 1917
- Citizens Cemetery, Prescott, Arizona, 1887-1938
- Directory of the City of Tucson, 1881
- Globe, Arizona Mortuary Records, 1909-1911
- Great Register of Cochise County, Arizona, 1890
- Index to Cemetery and Mortuary Records, Bisbee, Arizona, 1897-1926
- Mexican Census (Padrón) Pre-territorial Arizona
- Parker Mortuary, Tucson, Arizona, 1897-1912
- Pioneer Names of Pima County, Arizona, 1864-1912
- St. Mary’s Hospital Register, Part I 1909-1916 & Part II 1917-1920
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Tombstone, Arizona
- St. John’s Episcopal Church Parish Record Index, Globe, Arizona, 1899-1966
- 1st U. S. Volunteer Calvary (The Rough Riders)
- Military Burials, Evergreen Cemetery, Fort Huachuca, Arizona
- Yavapai County Death Records
- Copper Filings
- Add a detailed listing or highlights of the collections held by the society.
Promote society events by listing them here. Include events such as society meetings, workshops, board meeting, training meetings, etc.
The ASGS general meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month from October through May of each year. Meetings are held at 3182 N. Swan Road Tucson, AZ. Visitors are welcome to come to a meeting to see what we are all about!
Workshops & Tours
- October 16, 2010 Preservation and Care of Photographs
- November 13, 2010 Ask a Lawyer
- March 12, 2011 Writing Your Family History
- April 16, 2011 Tour: Arizona Historical Society Behind the Scenes Preservation Tour Seminar
- 17 July 2010 9:00-3:00 Monsoon Madness II A Day of Military Records Cost: $25.00 non-member, $20.00 member Presenters: Joanne Kartchner, Sharon Scott, and Barbara Salyer
- Include the date, time, and locality for each workshop.
- Include the date, time, and locality for each training meeting.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What are the directions to the society?
- Q. What hours is the society is open?
- Additional questions and answers can be posted as needed.
- This page was last modified on 8 November 2012, at 18:53.
- This page has been accessed 1,660 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More