Arkansas Probate RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Arkansas Probate Records, 1817-1879 at FamilySearch — Click on the county of interest to browse images of original records. Includes wills, administrations, guardianship, and more.
HistoryProbate records of Arkansas have been kept by the probate or county courts. The records include case papers settlements.
You can obtain copies of the original records by contacting the clerk's office in the appropriate county courthouse.
A statewide index to Arkansas wills is available:
- Stevenson, Mrs. James H. and Mrs. Edward L. Westbrooke. Index to Wills and Administrations of Arkansas from the Earliest to 1900. Jonesboro, Ark.: Vowels Printing Company, 1986. FHL Book 976.7 P22st, Fiche 6050936.
The Family History Library has microfilm copies of many Arkansas probate records.
- Arkansas Probate Records (information only) by Genealogy Inc.
- This page was last modified on 26 March 2015, at 22:16.
- This page has been accessed 10,474 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News