Asker, Akershus, Norway GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Asker parish, Norway ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
Microfilms at the Family History Library for Asker prestegjeld (clerical district). The parish registers exist from 1726. Asker prestegjeld contains parish registers from Asker (Ascher) parish and the parishes Østre Bærum (Haslum) and Vestre Bærum (Tanum; Bryn) until 1894.
Images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet.
- 1660's: Microfilm of census records available at the Family History Library for Asker prestegjeld (clerical district).
- An extraction of the 1663-1664 census for Asker clerical districtin Akershus county, Norway.
- Fogdernes og sorenskrivernes manntall 1664-1666. This census was taken by the local civil authorities. It lists the names of the farms, farmowners (including widows), sons of farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and sons of cottagers and the age of each person. The clerical authorities took a census during this same time period. Both censuses should be used as they supplement each other. The clerical census is more complete.
- Sogneprestenes manntall 1664-1666. This census was taken by the local parish priests. It lists the name of the farms, names of farm owners (including widows), the sons of the farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and their sons, and the ages of each person. There was another census taken by the civil authorities at this same time. Both censuses should be searched as they supplement each other. This clerical census is more complete.
- 1801: The 1801 census (b. 6) for Askerclerical district includes Asker, Østre and Vestre Bærum parishes. It lists the farm name, person's name, position in the household, age, marital status, and occupation. 1801-telling (census) online at Digitalarkivet
- 1825: The 1825 census for the parishes Østre Bærum and Vestre Bærum and Asker in Asker clerical district.
- 1835: The 1835 census for Asker clerical districtin Akershus county, which includes Asker, Vestre Bærum and Østre Bærum parishes. Includes the farmnames, name of the people (often in order of head of houshold, his wife, children, servants and their families etc.), sex, occupation, and some miscellaneous information.
- 1845: The 1835 census for Asker clerical districtin Akershus county, which includes Asker, Vestre Bærum and Østre Bærum parishes. Usually includes the farmnames, name of the people (often in order of the head of houshold, his wife, children, servants, their families etc.), sex, occupation, and some miscellaneous information.
- 1855: The 1855 census for Asker clerical districtin Akershus county, which includes Asker, Vestre Bærum and Østre Bærum parishes. Usually includes the farmnames, name of the people (often in order of the head of houshold, his wife, children, servants, their families etc.), sex, occupation, and some miscellaneous information. These records will also in some cases only list farmnames, number of people living on the farm, approximate ages, and how much grain they produced this year.
- 1865: This 1865 census for Asker clerical districtcontains the persons name, residence, status in the family, occupation, sex, martial status, place of birth, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information. Each book usually contains one clerical district (prestegjeld). In some books there are two clerical districts recorded. The parishes and school districts in each clerical district are listed at the beginning of each book. 1865-telling (census) online at Digitalarkivet
- 1875: This 1875 census for Asker clerical districtcontains the persons name, residence, position in the family, occupation, sex, marital status, year of birth, place of birth, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information. 1875 census online at Digitalarkivet
- 1900: This census 1900 census for Asker clerical districtcontains the persons name, sex, resident or temporary resident, temporarily absent and where person is, position in the family, marital status, occupation, year of birth, place of birth, citizenship, religion, and other miscellaneous information. 1900-telling (census) online at Digitalarkivet
- 1910: This 1910 Census for Asker clerical distirct is available online at Digitalarkivet
The Family History Library has the following farm books for Asker:
Torgersen, Halvard, Asker, bidrag to bygdens gaardshistorie, Oslo, 1941 FHL 948.22/A2 D2t. A genealogy of the people and their farms in Asker in Akershus county with some history. A farm name index to this book is found in the following link. File:948.22/A2 D2t 1941 - Asker.pdf.
Blakstad i Asker : gården og slekten A history of the Blakstad farm in Asker in Akershus county and a genealogy of the families that lived there.
|The farm name index referenced above includes many more names than the list below.|
The farm number and name of the farms listed in Oluf Rygh Farm Name Index in about 1900 were as follows:
60 Aaby, 8 Aannerud, 35 Aastad, 66 Arnestad, 32 Askengen, 1 Asker Præstegaard med Vakaas, 3 Asker vestre, 60 Aspelund, 47 Baastad nedre, 90 Badstuen, 12 Bakke, 17 Berg nordre, 32 Berger, 17 Bergsmarken, 16 Bergsæteren, 38 Billingstad, 14 Biterud, 68 Bjørkaas, 57 Bjørkøen, 61 Blakkestad, 55 Bleiker nedre, 55 Bleikerengen, 52 Bondi nordre, 91 Brenna, 9 Brensrud, 75 Briskehaugen, 51 Broen, 29 Bruset, 41 Brønnøen, 86 Buvall, 5 Børgen nordre, 63 Børsholmen, 89 Dikemark, 38 Djupendal, 7 Drengsrud, 4 Dæli, 77 Eid, 67 Elnes, 89 Eriksrud, 13 Finsrud, 93 Fiskumsbraaten, 50 Fusdal, 73 Gisle nordre, 78 Gjellum, 51 Grinden, 36 Groset, 75 Gui lille, 67 Haakavik, 25 Haga, 50 Hagaløkken, 50 Hallen, 13 Haneval vestre, 22 Haugbu med Fjelken nedre, 85 Hauger, 14 Haugerud, 79 Heggedal, 91 Helsing, 65 Hesleberg, 26 Hofstad, 10 Hogstad, 27 Holmen, 89 Holstein, 8 Huken, 44 Hval, 30 Hvalstad, 54 Hvile, 76 Høibak, 23 Høn vestre, 92 Ingelsrud, 94 Jerpaasen, 50 Jørgensløkken, 11 Jøssong, 13 Kampenhaug, 38 Kleven, 64 Koia, 56 Konglungen, 59 Krillaas, 29 Ladebraaten, 10 Ladeengen, 52 Lagdalen, 45 Leangen, 53 Leikvold, 13 Limovnhagen, 71 Linlandet, 54 Linløkken, 56 Løkenes, 69 Løvaas, 23 Muserudløkken, 39 Nes, 40 Nesøen, 42 Nyborg, 91 Paaverud, 93 Padderud,85 Raatedalen, 28 Ravnsborg, 43 Reistad, 18 Rustaden nordre, 69 Rustaden søndre, 13 Sandbækken, 87 Sebjørnsrud mellem, 82 Sebjørnsrud østre, 20 Sem, 2 Skandsebraaten, 2 Skandseløkken, 2 Skandsen, 81 Skjellestad, 73 Skjerven, 21 Skogum med Fjelken øvre, 34 Skustad, 32 Slæpendengen, 90 Solberg, 95 Solli, 33 Solstad nedre, 73 Staalengen, 86 Steingrimsrud, 16 Stensrud, 37 Stokker, 88 Strømnes, 42 Syverstad, 80 Sætre, 46 Teigen, 67 Torp, 31 Torstad, 63 Trosviken, 19 Tveiter, 49 Undelstad, 78 Underland, 6 Vasbunden, 14 Vassaas, 85 Vestengen, 58 Vettre, 84 Vinnulstad vestre, 14 Vittenberg, 74 Volden, 73 Voldløkken, 51 Vomma, 24 Vægten, 15 Vøien, 70 Yggeset, 62 Østenstad lille, 71 Østeren.
The following farm names are from the Asker Bygdebok, as they were in about 1941 when the book was printed. Listed by main farm in upper case letters followed by sub-farms in lower case letters.
Arnestad nedre, Askenengen, småbruk under Berge, Asker Fødehjem under Sem, Asker Kirke, Asker Prestegård, Asker Vestre and Østre under Vestre Aker, Askerborskogen Østre and Vestre under setre, Badstuen under Solberg, Bakke and Bakke Øvre under Jøssong, Berg, Berg (Lille, Nedre, Øvre) under Bergsmarka), Berger (Øvre, Nedre), Berger Nedre under Sem, Bergsgårdene under Vøyen, Bjerkøya Søndre and Vestre, Bjerkås Nedre, Bjerkøya Søndre and Vestre, Bleiker Nedre and Øvre,Bleikerhaugen, Bondi, Bondi Sønder and Nordre, Borgen Nordre and Søndre, Borgengårdene, Brønnøya, Bråten Nedre under Sebjørnsrud, Bråaten Øvre under Sebjørnsrud, Buval under Steingrimsrud, Båstad (nedre, øvre), Daleløkken under Jøssung, Eriksrud under Dikemark, Finnsrud under Vestre Haneval, Fusdal (mellem, østre) under Fusdal, Gamlehjem, Gisle Søndre, Gislegårdene, Gjellum (nedre, øvre), Groset (vestre østre) under Groset, Guigårdene, Gui (store, lille, store), Gupu under Sem, Hagaløkka under Fusdal, Hagen (vestre, nedre) under haneval, Haneval (vestre, østre), Haugbo, Huager (vestre, østre), Haugerud, Hogstad (nedre, øver), Hougbo, Hovedbølet under Elnes, Hval under Reistad, Hval nedre under Reistad, Høen (nedre, vestre, øvre, østre), Hakavik under elnes, Jordet under Vestre Haneval, Jøssong med Bakke, Langåra under Brønnøya, Linlandet under Østern, Nadderud under Billingstad, Nesgårdene, Nes (mellom, vestre, øvre), Nordengen under Billingstad, Pruset, Rustad (vestre, søndre, vestre), Rustan, Sebjørnsrud (mellom, vestre, østre) Sem (nedre, øvre), Sem (Gupu, Gamlehjem, Fødehjem), Småbrukslærerskolen, Setre, Skaugum, Skellestad (vestre, søndre), Solstad øvre under Sem, Solvang under Vestre Aker, Stålenga Nedre (nordre Gisle, Øvre), Skjellestad Søndre, Stenset under Jøssung, Torp (nedre, øvre), Vardåsen under Dikemark, Vasås under Østre Haneval, Venneslund under Koia, Vettre (nordre, søndre, Vestre), Vinulstad Østre, Vittenberg under Østre Haneval, Vollen, Østenstad (store, vestre, østre), Østenstadgårdene, Yggeset (nordre, søndre), Åby (nordre, søndre), Åstad
1656-1901: Records are found in Aker judicial district.
-Torgersen, Halvard. Asker - bidrag til bygdas gårdshistoie, 2nd ed. Oslo: Grøndahl & søn, 1941.
- This page was last modified on 1 June 2015, at 18:43.
- This page has been accessed 5,638 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News