Attlebridge, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
ATTENBOROUGH (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Shardlow, S. division of the wapentake of Broxtow, N. division of the county of Nottingham, 6 miles (S. W.) from Nottingham; containing, with the township of Toton and the hamlet of Chilwell. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Attlebridge, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|Attlebridge, Norfolk Online Records|
Courtesy of Tinstaafl Transcripts: Baptisms 1813-1880 for Attlebridge St. Andrew.
a. Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438866. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
- 1845 White's Directory of Norfolk: Transcribed by Pat Newby and hosted by Genuki.org.uk
- 1883 White's Directory of Norfolk: Transcribed by Richard Johns and hosted by Genuki.org.uk
- 1883 Kelly's Directory for Cambridgeshire, Norfolk & Suffolk, p. 232: Transcribed by E.C. Paddy Apling and hosted by Genuki.org.uk
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Attlebridge on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
http://www.norwich.anglican.org/church?deanery=23 Sparham Deanery website
- This page was last modified on 13 February 2014, at 20:28.
- This page has been accessed 550 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More