Sutherland Shire, New South Wales CemeteriesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Woronora Cemetery is situated in Linden Street, Sutherland, New South Wales, one block from the west side of the railway station. It was opened in April 1934 having previously been used as a clay-pit for brick making and is managed by the Woronora General Cemetery and Crematorium Trust. Transcriptions up to 1960 are available on FHL film 887470 Item 17. Volunteers of Botany Bay Family History Society began transcriptions in 1985 and completed them in 1998. A computerised database of all known burials is accessible at a kiosk outside the administration building. The database is expected to go online in 2010 at the cemetery website.
- ↑ For further history of the Cemetery refer to The Story of Woronora Cemetery by M. Hutton-Neve and Woronora Cemetery Crematorium 1895-1995 by Michael Boyd
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2011, at 07:37.
- This page has been accessed 666 times.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on our new look!Give Feedback