Aythorpe Roding, Essex GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Aythorpe Roding, Essex ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Aythorpe Roding, Essex|
St Mary the Virgin Aythorpe Roding, Essex
|Poor Law Union||Dunmow PLU|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1629; 1800|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - London; Post-1845 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)|
|Location of Archive|
|Essex Record Office|
Aythorpe Roding or Roothing, Aythorpe (St. Mary), is a parish, is in the union and hundred of Dunmow, the North division of Essex it is 5 1/2 miles SWS from the town of Dunmow.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Aythorpe Roding, Essex Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Aythorpe Roding, Essex Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241367.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Essex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Aythorpe Roding on GENUKI
Essex Ancestors - offers images of genealogical records for the county of Essex
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848. Adapted: date accessed: 22 May 2013.
- ↑ 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 12 June 2011.
- ↑ Essex Ancestors: Unearth Your Roots, Seax - Essex Archives Online From the Essex Record Office, accessed 3 March 2012.
- ↑ Essex Coverage in FreeReg, FreeREG, accessed 4 September 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Essex Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records),' FamilySearch, accessed 2 September 2014.
- ↑ Batch C043431, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Essex, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 April 2012.
- ↑ Batch M043431, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Essex, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 April 2012.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage,' Find My Past, accessed 15 May 2012. For a breakdown of missing years, see 'National Burial Index - Coverage: Essex,' Federation of Family History Societies, accessed 15 May 2012.
- This page was last modified on 2 June 2015, at 21:05.
- This page has been accessed 7,039 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News