Bakersfield California East Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
There are three Family History Centers in the Bakersfield area. Ours is located on the East side of Bakersfield.
Location and Map
- 5600 Panorama Blvd. Bakersfield California 93306-2473 United States
Holiday Schedule: We are closed for a week at Thanksgiving. Two weeks in December for Christmas, the same time the schools are off. One week for Easter. The last two weeks in August just before school starts. We are also closed the week of the 4th of July.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Something New!!!!! FamilyTree
We now have FamilyTree on the internet. You can access this site at our center, or at your home. You can get on this site at www.familysearch.org/ You will need to sign in. If you do not yet have a user name and password, you can sign up at the same web page. On this site you can search millions of names. You can add to these names or even edit incorrect data. Also at this site you can search millions of records that are being scanned into the internet every day from the records housed in Salt Lake. Everything on the web site is available FREE of charge.
- FamilySearch Catalog: We can help the patron find the records they need for their research that are found on films or fiche from the Catalog. The patron then orders the films or fiche through the new "Online Film Ordering Program" mainly from their home.
- We have a large collection of Mexico records. We have the Indian Dawes Final Rolls. We also have the microfilms of the "Germans From Russia". We have a good collection of "Quaker Records."
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment
- In our Center we have 11 Computers with 3 printers. All having access to the Internet with all of the Church's programs and free Ancestry.com. We have 6 microfilm readers and one microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 19 March 2015, at 17:19.
- This page has been accessed 1,653 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More