Ballyboys Civil ParishEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Ireland Counties of Ireland County Louth County Louth Parishes Ballyboys Civil Parish
The following information is a starting point for records about the civil parish of Ballyboys. The information is based on locations and records before the Irish Civil War in 1922.
• Brief statement about historical background
• Add relevant Web site link
• Names of townlands
• Names of the surrounding parishes
• Name/description of district, poor law union, etc.
Maps and gazetteers
• Add web site link to maps/gazetteers
• Add printed sources
• General statement with link to [1901-1911] Ireland Census Records article
• Statement about using substitutes, such as tax and land, in place of missing national censuses
• Notes about specific censuses for the parish, such as pre-1901 fragments
• Add subheading for census substitutes with related material
Note that some of the Catholic parish registers of this county have been indexed by Meath Heritage Centre and by the Armagh Ancestry. A search of the index will be conducted by these centers for a fee. Those indexed by Armagh Ancestry are indicated as "Indexed by AA." Microfilm copies of all registers are also available in the National Library of Irleand (NKI), and through the LDS library system.
Parish: Lordship see Ballymascanlon: Diocese: Armagh. Earliest records: birth 1.1838; marriage 1.1838;
Status: Records held by local church; National Library of Ireland (microfilm); Indexed by Armagh Ancestry (to 1900)
The Catholic parish of Lordship and Ballymascanlon is now called Ravensdale. It includes the civil parish of Ballyboy and part of Ballymascanlon.
|Family History Library|
General statement with link to Ireland Civil Registration article
General statement about Registry of Deeds with link to Ireland Land and Property article
General statement and link to the Ireland Probate Records article
• Records available in the FHL
• General statement with link to Ireland Schools article
• Griffiths – standard statement linking to Ireland Land and Property article or Taxation?
• Tithe Applotment – standard statement linking to Ireland Land and Property article or Taxation?
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 16:28.
- This page has been accessed 566 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More