Barling Magna, Essex GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Barling Magna, Essex ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Barling Magna, Essex|
All Saints Barling Magna, Essex .jpg
|Poor Law Union||Rochford|
|Parish registers: 1555|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1813|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - London; Post-1845 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of the Dean and Chapter of St Paul's Cathedral Post-1844 Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex|
|Location of Archive|
|Essex Record Office|
BARLING MAGNA or BARLING (All Saints), is a parish, in the union and hundred of Rochford, S. division of Essex, is 4½ miles (E. S. E.).
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Barling Magna, Essex Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|ESSEX = EssexAncestors - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Barling Magna, Essex Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241375.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Essex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Barling on GENUKI
Essex Ancestors - offers images of genealogical records for the county of Essex ($)
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848) Adapted: access date 7 May 2013
- ↑ 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 12 June 2011.
- ↑ Essex Ancestors: Unearth Your Roots, Seax - Essex Archives Online From the Essex Record Office, accessed 3 March 2012.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage,' Find My Past, accessed 15 May 2012. For a breakdown of missing years, see 'National Burial Index - Coverage: Essex,' Federation of Family History Societies, accessed 15 May 2012.
- This page was last modified on 8 February 2016, at 19:52.
- This page has been accessed 7,219 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News