Barmer, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Docking|
|Parish registers: 1824; For more records see Syderstone|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1705|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
BARMER, a parish, in the union of Docking, hundred of Gallow, W. division of Norfolk, 8 miles (W. N. W.) from Fakenham. 
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Barmer, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS PRs = England, Norfolk, Parish Registers, 1538-1900 (FamilySearch) - free|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|BARMER PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438859.
- 1597 Subsidy Taxes:Transcribed by Geoff Lowe and housed on Norfolk Transcription Archives
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Barmer on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 145-148. Date accessed: 29 August 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 7 October 2013.
- This page was last modified on 27 May 2015, at 00:49.
- This page has been accessed 2,355 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News