Barnack, Northamptonshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Barnack, Northamptonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Nassaburgh or Peterborough Liberty|
|Poor Law Union||Stamford|
|Parish registers: 1695|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1711|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Northamptonshire Record Office|
BARNACK (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Stamford, soke of Peterborough, N. division of the county of Northampton, 3½ miles (S. E.) from Stamford. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Barnack, Northamptonshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC BTs = Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms (Ancestry) - £ |
|AC PRs = Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms (Ancestry) - £ |
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|Barnack, Northamptonshire Genealogy Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438883.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Northamptonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 145-148. Date accessed: 25 February 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 'Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 'Northamptonshire, England, Burials, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 7 April 2015.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Northamptonshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 29 November 2014.
- This page was last modified on 10 January 2016, at 17:23.
- This page has been accessed 2,358 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News