Barningham with Coney Weston, Suffolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Barningham with Coney Weston, Suffolk|
|Poor Law Union||Thetford PLU|
|Parish registers: 1538; Separate registers exist for Coney Weston beginning 1562|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1563; Separate records exist for Coney Weston beginning 1562|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Norwich; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Sudbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
BARNINGHAM (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Thetford, hundred of Blackbourn, W. division of Suffolk, 4 miles (N. N. E.) from Ixworth. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans .
CONEY WESTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Thetford, hundred of Blackbourn, W. division of Suffolk, 4 miles (N. N. E.) from Ixworth. 
If you live in Suffolk you will have access to a variety of resources at local archives and libraries. For those who live further afield, one can access microfilm and online records at LDS Family History Centres. Refer to and Suffolk in the FamilySearch Catalogue for available records.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Thetford 1837-1935
- Bury St Edmunds 1935-1974
Barningham parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|1813 = Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) (findmypast) - (£)|
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Barningham Parish Online Records|
Coney Weston parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Coney Weston Parish Online Records|
| This section requires expansion with:
Information about parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, parish chest records, non conformist and other types of church records. Also add links to online parish collections. Make reference to records found in the FamilySearch Catalog. To locate resources, look at Suffolk Parishes in the FamilySearch Catalogue.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474634.
The 1911 census of England and Wales was taken on the night of Sunday 2 April 1911 and in addition to households and institutions such as prisons and workhouses, canal boats merchant ships and naval vessels it attempted to include homeless persons. The schedule was completed by an individual and for the first time both this record and the enumerator's schedule were preserved. Two forms of boycott of the census by women are possible due to frustration at government failure to grant women the universal right to vote in parliamentary and local elections. The schedule either records a protest by failure to complete the form in respect of the women in the household or women are absent due to organisation of groups of women staying away from home for the whole night. Research estimates that several thousand women are not found by census search. Find my Past 1911 census search
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Suffolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 148-153. Adapted. Date accessed: 19 June 2012.
- ↑ Lewis,Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 524-527. Adapted. Date accessed: 09 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 9 December 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Baptism Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Marriage Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk "Early" Burial Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 22 May 2015, at 16:54.
- This page has been accessed 2,623 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News