Barr's Company, Virginia Light Artillery (Confederate)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized in October, 1862, as part of Thomas' North Carolina Legion. Detached from Thomas' Legion, this battery served in the Department of Western Virginia and East Tennessee, and during January, 1864, contained 1 officer and 32 men.
- In March, 1865, it rejoined Thomas' Legion in the District of Western North Carolina and surrendered in May.
- Captains John W. Barr and John I Levi were in command.
- AKA - Levi's Battery or Louisiana Tigers
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Contained men from Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, and the disbanded troops of the Virginia State Line.
National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- This page was last modified on 29 April 2011, at 00:48.
- This page has been accessed 274 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More