Bartholomew County, South CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Bartholomew County was never surveyed or properly laid out. Its boundaries were ambiguous. Its county government never became functional. Most records were kept at the parish level; none were kept at the county level. There was no county seat. There were no political connotations to the county's existence. In this case the term "county" had no meaning other than to describe an approximate geographical area. It was a county in name only.
- ↑ "The Counties from 1664 to Present - In Alphabetical Order" in South Carolina - The Counties at http://www.carolana.com/SC/Counties/sc_counties_alphabetical_order.html (accessed 28 April 2011).
- ↑ A History of Bartholomew County, South Carolina in Carolana at http://www.carolana.com/SC/Counties/Bartholomew_county_sc.html (accessed 5 May 2011).
- ↑ "South Carolina Districts and Parishes 1775" [map] in Carolana at http://www.carolana.com/SC/Royal_Colony/sc_royal_colony_districts_parishes_1775.html (accessed 7 May 2011).
- This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 22:15.
- This page has been accessed 1,625 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback