Baxter Park, Wallacetown Free Presbyterian Church--Dundee Angus Parish -282Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Gives a short history of the church as well as the membership years and the number of members, and records.
The minister and congregation of Wallace town Church Extension church "came out" at the Disruption. With the consent of the trustees they occupied the church until 1853, when the trustees sold it to another congregation. They built a church in 1857. A new church was built in 1894.
- 1848, 405 members
- 1900, 313 members
Annals of The Free Church of Scotland, 1843–1900, ed. Rev. William Ewing, D.D., 2 vols. pub. 1914. Film #918572. More details may be given in the source.
The extent of records is unknown.
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2009, at 21:54.
- This page has been accessed 851 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News