Beechingstoke, Wiltshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Beechingstoke, Wiltshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Devizes PLU|
|Parish registers: 1566|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1597|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire|
|Location of Archive|
|Wiltshire Record Office|
BEECHING or BEAUCHAMP STOKE (St. Stephen), a parish, in the union of Devizes, hundred of Swanborough, Devizes and N. divisions of Wilts, 5¼ miles (E. by S.) from Devizes. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Beechingstoke parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|NIM = Nimrod Research - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|BEECHINGSTOKE PARISH Online Records|
The 1841 Census returns for Beechingstoke are missing.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 220986.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Wiltshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 194-199. Date accessed: 14 August 2013.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 10 January 2014.
- ↑ 'Wiltshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 10 January 2014.
- ↑ Wiltshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 3 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Wiltshire Parish Explorer,' Nimrod Research, accessed 8 January 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 27 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 19 May 2015, at 22:46.
- This page has been accessed 2,473 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News