Benacre, Suffolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Blything|
|Parish registers: 1717|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Suffolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
Benacre, or Binacre (St. Michael), is a parish in Blything, E. division of Suffolk county; it is along the sea coast, 5½ miles NNE of Wangford, and 5½ miles S of Carlton-Colville railway station.
If you live in Suffolk you will have access to a variety of resources at local archives and libraries. For those who live further afield, one can access microfilm and online records at LDS Family History Centres. Refer to Benacre and Suffolk in the FamilySearch Catalogue for available records.
Benacre was in Blything district. To search an index of Blything district records go to FreeBMD. The Suffolk Civil Registration article provides more details about these records. Civil Registration began in 1837.
Benacre, Suffolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|1813 = Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) (findmypast) - (£)|
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Benacre, Suffolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
| This section requires expansion with:
Information about parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, parish chest records, non conformist and other types of church records. Also add links to online parish collections. Make reference to records found in the FamilySearch Catalog. To locate resources, look at Suffolk Parishes in the FamilySearch Catalogue.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474635.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Suffolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 207-210. Adapted. Date accessed: 21 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 9 December 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Suffolk, England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 4 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 11 January 2016, at 04:41.
- This page has been accessed 1,913 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News