Benin, Census, 2002 (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
Title in the Language of the Record
Bénin, Recensement, 2002
This collection will include population schedule records from the 2002 Census of Benin housed in the Benin National Archives. The 2002 Benin Census was the third census taken in Benin to gather information about given households within the country.
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
Census records may contain the following information:
- Family relationships
How to Use the Record
To browse by image:
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the 'Department' category
⇒ Select the 'Commune' category
⇒ Select the 'Record Type and Years' category which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- Use the estimated age to calculate a birth date.
- Use use the families' names to verify that you've found the correct ancestor.
- The names of other family members could also be helpful when searching for other records.
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
- Check for variant spellings of the names.
- Be aware that errors may have occurred in the original census or transcribed index.
|FHL Place Benin items or FHL Keyword Benin items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog.|
Related Wiki Articles
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Benin, Census, 2002." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Citing Department of National Archives, Porto-Novo, Oueme.
|The citation for an image will be available on each image once the collection is published.|
- This page was last modified on 6 January 2016, at 02:19.
- This page has been accessed 1,357 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News