Benin, Census, 2002 (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
Title in the Language of the Record
Bénin, Recensement, 2002
This collection will include population schedule records from the 2002 Census of Benin from the Benin National Archives.
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
These records may contain the following information:
How to Use the Record
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
To search the collection image by image select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒ Select the 'Department' category
⇒ Select the 'Commune' category
⇒ Select the 'Record Type and Years' category which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
- Check for variant spellings of the names.
- You may need to search for both their nickname and their given name.
- Be aware that errors may have occurred.
Using the Information
- Use the estimated age to calculate a birth date.
- Use use the families' names to verify that you've found the correct ancestor.
|FHL Keyword Benin items or FHL Place Benin items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog.|
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
|The citation for an image will be available on each image once the collection is published.|
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- “Benin, Census, 2002.” Index or Index Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2014. Benin National Archives, Benin.
- This page was last modified on 19 June 2014, at 18:10.
- This page has been accessed 330 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback