Births, Marriages and Death Records for British in IndiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
In the 18th and 19th centuries, the British recorded birth, marriage and death records for Protestant and Catholic churches. The original records are housed in the India Office Library in London. The Family History Library has a collection of these records for the following time periods.
- Parish register transcripts from the Presidency of Bombay, 1709-1948
- Parish register transcripts from the Presidency of Madras, 1698-1948
- Parish register transcripts from the Presidency of Bengal, 1713-1948
Another way to find the film numbers in the catalog is to use the Place Search for:
If you don't know which presidency where your family lived, search each one. Films contain 2) personal name indexes arranged alphabetically within each year; and 2) certificates arranged by the number given in the index.
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2011, at 06:39.
- This page has been accessed 9,677 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More