Bishop's Cleeve, Gloucestershire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Bishop's Cleeve, Gloucestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Bishop's Cleeve, Gloucestershire|
|Hundred||Cleeve or Bishop's Cleeve|
|Poor Law Union||Winchcombe|
|Registration District||Tewkesbury; Winchcomb|
|Parish registers: 1563|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1599|
|Diocese||Pre 1836 - Gloucester; Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of Bishop's Cleeve|
|Location of Archive|
|Gloucestershire Record Office|
BISHOPS-CLEEVE, a township in Winchcombe district, and a parish in Winchcombe and Tewkesbury districts, Gloucester. The township lies 1¾ mile E of Cleeve r. station, and 3 N by E of Cheltenham; and has a post office under Cheltenham. The parish includes also the hamlets of Gotheringtone, Woodmancote, Stoke-Orchard, and Southam and Brockhampton.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Bishop's Cleeve, Gloucestershire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BISHOP'S CLEEVE PARISH Online Records|
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10544. Date accessed: 17 July 2013.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Marriages, 1754-1938,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 1 December 2012.
- ↑ 'Coverage for the Gloucestershire Marriages database,' FHS Online, accessed 5 May 2014.
- ↑ Gloucestershire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 18 April 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 26 January 2016, at 01:51.
- This page has been accessed 3,681 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News