Bishop's Lydeard, Somerset GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Bishop's Lydeard, Somerset family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Bishop's Lydeard, Somerset|
|Poor Law Union||Taunton PLU|
|Parish registers: 1674|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1598|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Dean and Chapter of Wells|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
LYDEARD, BISHOP'S (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Taunton, W. division of the hundred of Kinsbury and of the county of Somerset, 5 miles (N. W.) from Taunton. There is a place of worship for Independents.
Bishop's Lydeard, Somerset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BISHOP'S LYDEARD PARISH Online Records|
||1595-1638, 1701-1865|| |
Online Parish Clerks
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474601.
Poor Law Unions
Maps and Gazetteers
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 13 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 16 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 18 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Marriages', findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- ↑ Somerset Online Parish Clerks Genealogy, accessed 22 October 2013.
- ↑ West Somerset Parish Register Transcriptions, accessed 21 October 2013.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 22:39.
- This page has been accessed 1,804 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More