Blaenpennal, CeredigionEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A guide to genealogy in Blaenpennal, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
BLAEN-PENAL, a chapelry in the parish of LLANDEWY-BREVI , lower division of the hundred of PENARTH, county of CARDIGAN, SOUTH WALES, 10 1/2 miles (N. by E.) from Lampeter. It is situated at the extremity of the beautiful vale of Aëron which river rises from a mountain near the village, in which and the surrounding district are several pleasing and ornamental residences. The chapel is dedicated to St. David. There is a place of worship for Calvinistic Methodists.
For further information see Blaenpennal at Genuki.
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464305. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 17 January 2014, at 17:13.
- This page has been accessed 326 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More