Blithfield, Staffordshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Blithfield, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Uttoxeter PLU|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1693|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
BLITHFIELD (St. Leonard), a parish, in the union of Uttoxeter, hundred of South Pirehill,N. division of the county of Stafford, 4¼ miles (N.)from Rugeley; containing Newton liberty and Admaston hamlet. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Blithfield parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|BLITHFIELD PARISH (1538) Online Records|
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap 1538-1992 Mar 1538-1990 Bur 1538-1992
Lichfield Record Office holdings of Bishop's Transcripts Bap 1693-1877 Mar 1693-1843 Bur 1683-1877 missing Bap/Bur 1870
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Blithfield, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474623.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 22 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 23 July 2014.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 13 September 2013.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 18 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 7 June 2015, at 13:44.
- This page has been accessed 2,188 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News