Bloomfield Hills Michigan Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Bloomfield Hills Family History Center aims to serve people from Detroit and its northern suburbs, as well as anyone else who wishes to come. We have competent staff members who can help everyone from those just starting family history research to those with lots of experience.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location and Map:
- 37425 Woodward Ave Bloomfield Hills MI 48304-3568 United States
- Enter the Northwest door of the building, go down the hall and then turn right.
Closed the last two weeks of December:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Over 4000 films on indefinite loan. Several from Wayne County, Michigan. Also large numbers from Poland, Germany and the former Austro-Hungarian Empire.
- Many gazeteers and atlases
- Over 125 books of specific family geneology
- Large collection of New England related books
- Limited New York related books, Indiana, Maryland, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and a few other states.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 computers
- 10 microfilm readers
- 1 film reader-printer
- 2 microfiche readers
- 2 scanners
Staff Research Specialties
26 staff members.
- John Lambert - general history
- Wally Schelegel - reads German, there on Fridays
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 25 August 2014, at 15:54.
- This page has been accessed 2,781 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More