Bodelwyddan, Denbighshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
"BODLLEWYDDAN, a chapelry in St. Asaph parish, Flint; on the verge of the county, 3 miles W of St. Asaph r. station. Post Town, St. Asaph, under Rhyl. Pop., 653." [Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72, John Marius Wilson]
For more information on Bodelwyddan see: Bodelwyddan at Genuki
|before 31 March 1974||Flintshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Denbighshire|
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- findmypast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:30.
- This page has been accessed 543 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News