Bodfaen, Gwynedd GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Alternately known as Bodfaen, Bodvean or Bodvean-in-lleyn, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; 2½ miles SE of Nevin, and 4 WNW of Pwllheli r. station. It has a post office under Pwllheli. Acres, 2,572. Real property, £1,434. Pop., 382. Houses, 84. The property is divided between two. Bodvean Hall is the seat of Lord Newborough. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £198. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is modern, and has monuments of the Wynnes. There are a Calvinistic Methodist chapel, and a slightly endowed school. (John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
For more information see Bodvean, Caernarvonshire at genuiki.org.uk
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:33.
- This page has been accessed 660 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News