Bonham Texas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
1540 S. Hwy 78, Bonham, TX The church building is located 2 miles south of the square on hwy
78. We are in the southeast corner of the building.
- 1st Saturdays - during class scheduled months, see list below on this page.
The Bonham Family History Center will be closed during icy or snowy road conditions; if the local schools are closed for bad weather or expecting a storm and closing in precaution, we will also be closed. No one will be available to place a note on the door.
2015 Holiday closings: April 4th for Conference, July 4th Holiday, October 3rd for Conference, November 25-28 Thanksgiving week, Christmas and New Year's break 2015-2016, December 23rd through January 7th.
Calendar and Events
2015 Family History Fair will be held May 16th; 9:30-12:30
Saturday Class Schedule & Handouts;
Please note that classes will be canceled if we have any ice or snow. You can call 903-364-2291 if you are unsure if we will be open. The decision will be made by 8:30 AM. All Classes are 9 AM to 11:30 AM
CLASS HANDOUTS WILL BE PUBLISHED SHORTLY BEFORE THE CLASSES. See Handouts below .
- January 1st – No class - New Year’s Day.
- February 7th – Internet Genealogy – Focusing on using the FamilySearch.org website and premium websites available for free in the Family History Center
- March 7th – Irish Research and Records.
- April 4th – No class due to church conference.
- May 2nd - Organizing your research: how to keep your digital and paper records neat and findable!
- June 6th – Scottish Research and Records.
- July 4th – No class- Fourth of July
- August 1st – Indexing – Come learn how you can help contribute, from home, to the free databases on FamilySearch.org
- September 5th – Using Church and Religious Records in your Genealogy
- October 3rd – No class due to church conference.
- November 7th – English Records
- December 5th – Photographs: how to date photographs, archive them safely and scan, repair and save them in digital formats for storage or sharing.
2015 -Internet Class Handout
February 2015 -Best Free Internet Links
March 2015 - Irish Genealogy
June 2015 - Scottish Research and Records
September 2015- Church Records and Research
September 2015 Denison Internet Class
Fannin County Research Links
Fannin County TXGenWebThe most comprehensive collection of Fannin County Genealogy on the web. The website contains the most complete cemetery informaton for Fannin County on the web.
Center Resources & Collections
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog. You may do this yourself through the FamilySearch Catalog and have it come to the Bonham Family History Center.
- We have some very good Fannin Co., TX information; including local family and town histories connected with Fannin Co., TX. and most of the Fannin County microfilms found in the catalog on hand in the Bonham Family History Center.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have several computers, scanning equipment and digital microfilm/microfiche reader copier. As well as one conventional microfilm reader and a microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
We will be glad to do lookups in local records that we have on microfilm, as well as in the local books we own, time permitting. Please email your request: TX_Bonham@ldsmail.net
(We do not do your research for you, only check on specific records)
Volunteer at the Center: TX_Bonham@ldsmail.net
- This page was last modified on 29 September 2015, at 23:26.
- This page has been accessed 3,005 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News