Braintree Poor Law Union, EssexEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Black Notley, Essex
Bradwell by Coggeshall, Essex
Cornish Hall End, Essex
Great Saling, Essex
White Notley, Essex
Essex Record Office, Wharf Road Chelmsford CM2 6YT. Holdings include: Guardians' minutes (1835-1930); Admissions and discharges (1883-88, 1891-4, 1897-8,
- Creed Registers reference G/BR/23-25 1890-1939
- Admission and discharge registers for Casuals reference G/Br/1-14 1916-1938
Records of St. Michael's Hospital (formerly known as the BRAINTREE Union WORKHOUSE and as the BRAINTREE Public Assistance Institution); of the BRAINTREE Area house and staff welfare committees; and of the BRAINTREE and Dunmow dispensaries - see detailed list supplied
- Due to sensitivity of some records some documents will be withheld from public use until 2044 e.g. the offences and punishment books and registers of mechanical restraint and medical officers books
For more information on the history of the workhouse, see Peter Higginbotham's web site: www.workhouses.org.uk and http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Braintree/Braintree.shtml Peter Higginbotham’s Workhouses site for maps and images of the Union.
- This page was last modified on 15 October 2011, at 05:44.
- This page has been accessed 1,013 times.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here