Branciforte County, California GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
History and Tidbits
Created 18 February 1850 from the California lands, renamed Santa Cruz County, 19 April 1850.
"Villa de Branciforte, was the last of only three secular pueblos founded by the Spanish colonial government of Alta California. The pueblo was established in 1797 on the eastern bluff of the San Lorenzo River, facing Mission Santa Cruz on the west side of the river. The pueblo never prospered, and the area was annexed into the city of Santa Cruz, California in 1905." For additional information see the Wikipedia article on Branciforte.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 03:05.
- This page has been accessed 3,858 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News