Brandon Manitoba Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Family History Center is located inside church building. The Brandon Family History Center serves
southwestern Manitoba and parts of Saskatchewan. The center has many resource books, maps, microfilms and microfiche.
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 107 Queens Ave, Brandon, MB
- Parking in rear of center, enter off of Madison Cres. Entrance is from the Parking lot.
- Location on Map
Phone: 1 204-726-8128 204-727-0286 FHC Director's home phone
- Tues. and Wed. 1 - 4 pm, 7 - 10 pm
- Thurs. 7 pm - 10 pm
- Fri. open by appointment
- Sat. 10 am - 3 pm
- Closed Major Holidays
- Closed during month of December
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Historical atlases, Marriage registers of Upper Canada, Index to Marriage Registrations of Ontario, Huron Cemetaries records, County marriage Registers of Ontario,Index to 1871 Census Ontario, Index to 1901 Census Manitoba, Index to 1881 Census of Manitoba, Doukhobor records, Quebec records, microfilms of interest to Mennonites, United States Census records, resource books for England, Ireland, Scotland & Wales, Europe
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 3 Computers, 3 microfilm readers, 3 printers, 2 digital image readers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your centre such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your centre is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 25 July 2014, at 18:22.
- This page has been accessed 690 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More