Brazil, Minas Gerais, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: The Event Type and Year Range (Tipo de Registo e Anos - browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #1: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
The following is a list of known browse point discrepancies and the correct information:
- Barbacena > Nossa Senhora da Piedade > Batismos, Matrimônios 1742, Fev-1751, Jun contains the continuation of the baptisms found in Batismos 1737, Nov-1747, Jan.
- Barbacena > Nossa Senhora da Piedade > Batismos 1823, Dez-1880, Maio year span should read as Batismos 1762-1763, 1798, 1823, 1868, 1877-1880.
- Barbacena > Nossa Senhora da Piedade > Batismos 1833, Set-1847, Out year span should read as Batismos 1841, Jul-1847, Ago.
- Varginha > Varginha > Matrimônios 1841, Jan-1945, Nov year span should read as Matrimônios 1941, Jan- 1945, Dec.
- Varginha > Varginha > Matrimônios 1895, Nov-1952, Nov year span should read as Matrimônios 1951, Mar-1952, Nov.
- Varginha > Varginha > Batismos 1923, Jan-Dez year span should read as Batismos 1920, Jan-Out
Question #2: Some of the images for Cachoeira do Campo > Nossa Senhora de Nazaré > Batismos 1888-1904 are too faint to read. How can I retrieve information?
Answer #2: You may go to the Catalog and order Film Number 1284501 Item 1: Batismos 1888-1904. The film may be viewed at a FamilySearch Center. To order the microfilm please see: Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche.
Question #3: There are browse paths for both Municipalities of Piuí and Piumhi. Are they the same Municipality?
Answer #3: Yes, Piuí and Piumhi are the same Municipality. Piumhi was originally know as Piuí, and is still shown that way in some maps and documents, but the name was officially changed to Piumhi for the Municipality, the Distrito and the town. The affected browse paths are:
- Piuí > Piuí > Óbitos 1856, Jan-1874, Ago > Image of 175
- Piumhi > Nossa Senhora do Livramento > Batismos 1924, Jan-1925, Fev > Image of 200
- Piumhi > Piumhi > multiple birth, marriage and death records.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Brazil, Minas Gerais, Catholic Church Records, 1706-1999 > Varginha > Varginha > Matrimônios 1841, Jan-1945, Nov > Image 7 of 132.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Brazil, Minas Gerais, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Brazil, Minas Gerais, Catholic Church Records, 1706-1999 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 06:26.
- This page has been accessed 371 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News