Bristol England Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Centre article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
All are welcome to use the Bristol Family History Centre. Please ring for an appointment.
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 721 Wells Road, Whitchurch, Bristol BS14 9HU
- Car parking available
- Google map .... Bristol Family History Centre
Phone: 01275 838326
Open Hours: Tues 9am - 3pm, 7pm - 9.30pm, Friday 9am - 3pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed during August
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalogue:
- Family History Library Catalogue can be found at www.familysearch.org
- Films and fiche an be ordered on line at https://film.familysearch.org
- Additional records at Centre include selection of Irish and Scottish births and marriages.
- Selection of parish records, bishop transcripts, census records and non conformist records for Dorset, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire.
- A miscellaneous collection of various national and local indexes and gazeteers and other published books and magazines.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Including Ancestry.com and Findmypast.co.uk
Hardware and Equipment
Film readers, fiche readers and computers are availble for use free of charge
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Centre
Volunteer librarians are welcome. Come along to the Centre and meet us.
- This page was last modified on 14 April 2014, at 12:30.
- This page has been accessed 1,184 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback